Friday 9 September 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Sandler and Sean O'Farrell.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
The Appaloosa, directed by Sidney J. Furie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Games People Play by Eric Berne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching T.H.E. Cat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 September 1966 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Adam Sandler: American actor and comedian.
- Sean O'Farrell
- David Bennent: Lausanne, Switzerland -- Actor (Tin Drum, Legend).
- Michel Muller
- Tutu Jones
- Alison Sydor: Edmonton, Alberta -- X-ctry cyclist (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Georg Hackl: German luger and coach.
- Kevin Hatcher: Detroit, Michigan -- NHL defenseman (Team USA, Dallas, Pittsburgh).
- Brian Smith: Australian-Irish rugby player and coach.
- John Lennon meets Yoko Ono at an avante-garde art exposition
- The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act is signed into law by U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- NATO decides to move SHAPE headquarters to Belgium.
- ''Gemini 11'' (Richard Gordon, Pete Conrad) docks with an Agena target vehicle.
- Balthazar Johannes Vorster becomes the new South African Prime Minister.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- The Happenings - See You In September
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- Lee Dorsey - Working In The Coal Mine
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?