Tuesday August 10, 2004
US date format: 8/10/2004, UK date format: 10/8/2004
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see zodiac on August 10, 2004). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Slow Motion by Juvenile.
In UK Thunderbirds / 3AM by Busted was in the top 5 hits.
Dhoom, directed by Sanjay Gadhvi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while Lost City by Clive Cussler with Paul Kemprecos was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Epitafios.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ashen or Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 10, 2004?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- See more
- The South Korean government announces that the country's capital is to be moved from Seoul to a new site at Gongju in South Chungcheong province. (BBC)
- Bombs explode at two small hotels and a gas plant in the Turkish city of Istanbul, killing two people and injuring at least nine. (BBC)
- The U.S. deals a major blow to German prosecutors at the re-trial of Moroccan Mounir al-Motassadek, one of the only 9/11 suspects to face justice to date, by refusing to allow an alleged al-Qaeda member to testify via videolink, citing security concerns and the need to protect secret information. (BBC)
- Libya agrees to pay USD to some victims of the 1986 Berlin discotheque bombing. (BBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 10, 2004?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Los Temerarios - Que De Raro Tiene
- Aleks Syntek With Ana Torroja - Duele El Amor
- Alicia Villarreal - Soy Tu Mujer
- Jennifer Pena - Vivo Y Muero En Tu Piel
- Carlos Vives - Como Tu
Sport Games on August 10, 2004
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Brighton - Plymouth : 0 - 2
- Cardiff - Coventry : 2 - 1
- Gillingham - Leeds : 2 - 1
- Millwall - Wigan : 0 - 2
- Rotherham - Burnley : 0 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - Bristol City : 2 - 1
- Blackpool - Sheffield Weds : 1 - 2
- Bournemouth - Walsall : 2 - 2
- Bradford - Peterboro : 2 - 2
- Brentford - Doncaster : 4 - 3
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Bristol Rvs - Bury : 2 - 2
- Cambridge - Leyton Orient : 1 - 1
- Cheltenham - Scunthorpe : 0 - 2
- Chester - Wycombe : 0 - 2
- Grimsby - Boston : 1 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $45.51
- Apple AAPL: opens at $30.39
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $27.30
- General Electric GE: opens at $31.90
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $84.00
- 1 USD = 111.26 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.32 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2618 CHF
- 1 EUR = 136.3 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6693 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on August 10, 2004?
On August 10, 2004 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is August 10, 2004?
On August 10, 2004 the zodiac sign was Leo.
Who was the US President on August 10, 2004?
On August 10, 2004 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on August 10, 2004?
On August 10, 2004 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on August 10, 2004?
On August 10, 2004 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
What was the number one song in August 10, 2004?
The number one song in the week of August 10, 2004 was Slow Motion by Juvenile in US and Thunderbirds / 3AM by Busted in UK.
What were the top hits on August 10, 2004?
The top hits on August 10, 2004 were Slow Motion by Juvenile, Lean Back by Terror Squad, Confessions Part II by Usher in US and Thunderbirds / 3AM by Busted, Dry Your Eyes by The Streets, Baby Cakes by 3 Of A Kind in UK.