Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened throughout history on August 10. From 1900 until now.
August 10 is under the sign of Leo.
Famous birthdays on this day include Kylie Jenner (1997), Antonio Banderas (1960) and Justin Theroux (1971).
Several movies were released around August 10 over the years, such as The Little Foxes in 1941 directed by William Wyler and The Big Sleep in 1946 directed by Howard Hawks.
But much more happened on August 10 over the years: find out below
Which were the most popular Movies released around August 10 over the years?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the important events of August 10?
- 2018 War in Afghanistan, Ghazni offensive: A large-scale military offensive is launched by the Taliban in a bid to overrun the southeastern city of Ghazni, a provincial capital on the Kabul–Kandahar Highway. They manage to take control of a part of the city. (The New York Times)
- 2017 Economy of the United States: New York State-based GateHouse Media announces an agreement to buy 11 U.S. newspapers from Georgia-based Morris Communications. Included in the deal is the Log Cabin Democrat, founded in 1879, and three Alaskan newspapers: the Juneau Empire, the Peninsula Clarion and Homer News. The deal is expected to close on October 2. (AdWeek)DineEquity announces it will close 160 Applebee's and IHOP restaurants. (USA Today)
- 2016 Ukrainian crisis: Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB) says it has thwarted two armed Ukrainian incursions into Crimea with at least two killed, including one FSB officer, following a "massive fire fight" with "sabotage-terrorist" groups. Ukraine denies the Russian claims. (Reuters) (The Guardian)
- 2015 Two women attack the U.S. consulate in Istanbul with automatic rifles. No fatalities are reported, and one of the attackers, wounded during the exchange of fire, is captured. The Revolutionary People’s Liberation Army-Front (DHKP-C) claims responsibility. (The News Hub), (The Hürriyet Daily News)
- See more
Spanish actor who was well established...
American actress born into a theatrical...
American model and actress.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 10 over the years?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 2017 Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Bieber - Despacito
- 2016 Sia Featuring Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
- 2015 OMI - Cheerleader
- 2014 MAGIC! - Rude
- 2013 Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines
- 2012 Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
- 2011 LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
- 2010 Eminem - Love The Way You Lie
- 2009 The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- 2008 Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl
- See more
Top #1 Rock songs
- 2017 Imagine Dragons - Believer
- 2016 twenty one pilots - Ride
- 2015 WALK THE MOON - Shut Up And Dance
- 2014 Paramore - Ain't It Fun
- 2013 Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
- 2012 Linkin Park - Burn It Down
- 2011 Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
- 2010 Shinedown - The Crow & The Butterfly
- 2009 Linkin Park - New Divide
Which were the most popular books released around August 10 over the years?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
This day over the years in 30 sec.
For more videos please visit our official youtube channel