Tuesday 10 February 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Big Bang Mini or The Book of Unwritten Tales.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 10 February 2009 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 February
- The U.S. Senate passes its own US$838 billion version of a rescue plan to fight the deepening recession, voting 61 to 37.
- U.S. Treasury chief Timothy Geithner unveils a bank rescue plan of US$2 trillion to buy up bad assets and restore credit.
- General Motors Corp announces it will cut its global salaried work force by about 10,000, or 14 percent.
- An American Iridium Satellite-operated communications satellite and the defunct Russian Cosmos-2251 military satellite collide at about 485 miles above the Russian Arctic, leaving a debris field of millions of pieces. This is the first publicly known satellite collision.
- The communication satellites Iridium 33 and Kosmos-2251 collide in orbit, destroying both.
- Russian financial crisis of 2008–2009:
- A Russian and an American satellite collide over Siberia, creating a large amount of space debris. Crash of US, Russian Satellites a Threat in Space ampndash ABC News. Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved on 2009-07-07.
- South Africa announces that a general election will be held on April 22, 2009. (CNN)
- Automotive industry crisis of 2008-2009:
- United States automaker General Motors announces it will cut 10,000 jobs in its salaried workforce and the pay of remaining employees. (AP via Google News)
- English automaker Bentley cuts 220 jobs and all salaries by 10 percent. (Press Association via Google News)
- Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg is named Germany's Federal Minister of Economics and Technology. (''IHT'')
- Russia will request postponement of repayment of US$400 billion in private-sector debt to foreign banks. (Reuters)
- The Russia Tower will be reduced in size, due to funding issues and the construction of the Moscow International Business Centre. (''Moscow Times'')
- Israel's legislative election takes place. (Reuters)
- Zimbabwe's dollar depreciates and its cholera epidemic has killed more than 3,000 people. (Sky News)
- The United States Senate approves the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. (''New York Times'')
- The United Kingdom imposes new visa requirements on nationals from Bolivia, Lesotho, South Africa, Swaziland, and Venezuela. (BBC)
- Mexico will nationally register all its mobile phone users and catalog their fingerprints. (Reuters)
- An EF4 tornado kills at least eight people and injures 50 in Lone Grove, Oklahoma, United States. (''The Oklahoman'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 February 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?