Thursday 10 March 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Juliusz Machulski and Bunny DeBarge in Grand Rapids.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
East of Eden, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while An Encyclopedia Of Modern American Humor by Bennett Cerf was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1955 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- Juliusz Machulski: Poland -- Director / writer / actor (Do It Yourself).
- Bunny DeBarge in Grand Rapids: Michigan, USA; rocker (Debarge).
- Youssra: Egyptian actress and singer.
- Ignazio Marino: Italian transplant surgeon and a former Mayor of Rome.
- Yousra : Egyptian actress and singer.
- Gary Louris: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Jayhawks and Golden Smog)
- Toshio Suzuki: Japanese race car driver
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Nat King Cole - Darling Je Vous Aime Beaucoup
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White
- Four Aces - Melody Of Love
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?