Thursday 10 February 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Norman and Jim Cramer.
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while I'Ll Cry Tomorrow by Lillian Roth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1955!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 February 1955 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Greg Norman: Australian professional golfer and entrepreneur who spent 331 weeks as the world's Number 1 ranked golfer in the 1980s and 1990s.
- Jim Cramer: American television presenter and author co-founded TheStreet.
- Tom LaGarde
- Lusia Mae Harris: Minter City, Mississippi -- Basketball player (1976 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Chris Adams: English-American wrestler and trainer (d. 2001).
- Seventh Fleet of the United States Navy helps the Republic of China evacuate Chinese Nationalist army and residents from the Tachen Islands to Taiwan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?