Saturday 5 March 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Penn Jillette in Greenfield and Georgios Papastamkos.
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
East of Eden, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1955 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Penn Jillette in Greenfield: Massachusetts, USA; magician (Penn and Teller - Penn and Teller are Dead).
- Georgios Papastamkos: Greek politician.
- Julien Dray: French politician.
- Penn Jillette: American magician and raconteur, the larger, louder member of Penn and Teller, a popular Las Vegas illusion and comedy act.
- Antanas Merkys: Lithuanian politician (Born 1888).
- WBBJ TV channel 7 in Jackson, TN (ABC) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 March 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?