Tuesday 22 March 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lena Olin and James House.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Revenge of the Creature, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Treadmill To Oblivion by Fred Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1955!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 March 1955 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Lena Olin: Swedish-American actress.
- James House: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Pete Sessions: American politician.
- Valdis Zatlers: Latvian physician and politician 7th President of Latvia.
- Ivan Subasic: Kingdom of Yugoslavia prime minister and last ban of Croatia (Born 1892).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?