Thursday 24 March 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Johnston Ulrich and Steven Caruso.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Revenge of the Creature, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Pray For A Brave Heart by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1955!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 March 1955 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Kim Johnston Ulrich
- Steven Caruso: American homicide perpetrator.
- François Diwo: French journalist and radio/television presenter, the son of journalist and writer Jean Diwo and film critic Jacqueline Michel.
- Doug Jarvis: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Mart Kadastik: Estonian journalist.
- 1st seagoing oil drill rig placed in service
- Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof opens for 694 performances
- British Army patrols withdraw from Belfast, Ireland, after 20 years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?