Monday April 26, 2004
US date format: 4/26/2004, UK date format: 26/4/2004
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 26, 2004). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Simply Liv .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Yeah! by Usher.
In UK Yeah! by Usher featuring Lil' Jon & Ludacris was in the top 5 hits.
Troy, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while Worse Than Watergate by John W. Dean was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Imperium.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones or Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 26, 2004?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- See more
- The US Bureau of Engraving and Printing introduces new US$50 Federal Reserve notes, incorporating color and more complex security elements.
- In an open letter to Tony Blair, 52 former high ranking British diplomats, including former ambassadors to Iraq and Israel, condemn the Prime Minister's foreign policy stance in the Middle East as "doomed to failure" and also condemn George W. Bush's recent endorsement of Ariel Sharon's offer to withdraw settlers from the Gaza Strip while leaving some in the West Bank as "one-sided and illegal and which will cost yet more Israeli and Palestinian blood."
- Indian general election, 2004: The second phase of elections in the world's largest democracy takes place. Many key states such as Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Bihar vote; exit polls favour the opposition (BBC)
- The design of the new United States fifty-dollar bill is announced. (U.S. Treasury) (IHT) (CNN)
- See more
- Simply Liv: YouTube Star.
- Hubert Selby Jr: American author (Born 1928).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 26, 2004?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You
- Usher Featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris - Yeah!
- Mario Winans Featuring Enya & P. Diddy - I Don't Wanna Know
- Usher - Burn
- Kanye West Featuring Syleena Johnson - All Falls Down
- Petey Pablo - Freek-A-Leek
- Twista - Overnight Celebrity
- JAY-Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder
- Lil' Flip - Game Over (Flip)
- J-Kwon - Tipsy
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 26If April 26, 2004 is your birthday you're 16 years, 4 months, 25 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 6 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2004?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $43.25
- Apple AAPL: opens at $27.58
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $27.46
- General Electric GE: opens at $30.85
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $90.75
- 1 USD = 108.65 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3506 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3052 CHF
- 1 EUR = 129.16 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.664 GBP