Saturday 11 August 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Faivre and Maurice Kleman.
Treasure Island, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1934 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Jacques Faivre: French Catholic clergyman, who served as bishop of Le Mans from 1997 to 2008.
- Maurice Kleman: French physicist, a researcher in geological fluid dynamics, author of the book "Points, Lines and Walls: In Liquid Crystals, Magnetic Systems and Various Ordered Media" (1983) and co-author of the book "Soft Matter Physics: An Introduction" (2013).
- Pit Van Est: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Claude Thibault: Nogent sur Marne EXecutives.
- Bob Hepple: South African lawyer and academic (d. 2015).
- 1st federal prisoners arrive at Alcatraz in SF Bay
- First federal prisoners arrive at Alcatraz in San Francisco Bay, California.
- The first civilian prisoners arrive at the Federal prison on Alcatraz Island.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 August 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?