Friday 11 August 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julian Oswald and Justin Connolly.
Morning Glory, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1933 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Julian Oswald: British Admiral of the Fleet.
- Justin Connolly: Composer.
- Philippe Bouriez: French business executive, the founder of Cora and the honorary president of Louis Delhaize, 2009-2014.
- Alain Carpentier: French physician, a cardiologist.
- Jerry Falwell: American pastor, promoter of TV evangelism and political lobbyist for the Moral Majority, Inc.
- Jerzy Grotowski: Polish director and producer (d. 1999)
- Tamás Vásáry: Hungarian pianist and conductor
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?