Thursday 2 August 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albert W Hall and Carl Cecil Cain.
The Star Packer, directed by R.N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1934 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Albert W Hall: Actor (Apocalypse Now).
- Carl Cecil Cain: Freeport, Illinois -- Basketball player (1956 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Valery Bykovsky cosmonaut (Vostok 5: Soyuz 22, 31).
- Pål Løkkeberg: Norwegian actor and director.
- Claude Gault: St-Nazaire Journalist.
- Valery Bykovsky: Russian general and astronaut
- 1st airplane train, plane tows 3 mail gliders behind it
- Adolph Hitler becomes commander-in-chief of Germany
- William Franks twirls an indian club overhead 17,280 times in one hour.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?