Sunday 19 August 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Cleary and David F Durenberger in Minnesota.
Treasure Island, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1934 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- William Cleary: Cambridge, Massachusetts -- Hockey center (1956, 60 Olympics - Gold / Silver Medals).
- David F Durenberger in Minnesota: USA; American politician (Senator-Republican-Minnesota).
- Renee Richards: American physician.
- David Durenberger: American lawyer and politician, the Senator and representative of MN.
- Renée Richards: American tennis player and ophthalmologist.
- 48th US Womens Tennis: Helen Jacobs beats Sarah H P Fabyan (61 64)
- Paul Runyan wins PGA golf tournament
- The first All-American Soap Box Derby is held in Dayton, Ohio.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?