Thursday 11 February 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lodewijk Boer and Marilyn Butler.
You Only Live Once, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Cook's Night Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1937!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1937 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Lodewijk Boer: Dutch violinist / playwright (The Family).
- Marilyn Butler: Rector (Exeter College-Oxford).
- Michel Peissel: French ethnologist, explorer and author.
- Bill Lawry: Australian cricketer and sportscaster.
- Brian Lemon: English pianist and composer.
- 44-day sit-down strike at General Motors in Flint, Michigan ends.
- A sit-down strike ends when General Motors recognizes the United Auto Workers Union.
- A sit-down strike ends when General Motors recognizes the United Automobile Workers Union.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 February 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?