Friday 11 February 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Boris Majorov and Willy Correa de Oliveira.
A Yank at Oxford, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while My Son, My Son! by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1938!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1938 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Boris Majorov: USSR -- Ice hockey (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Willy Correa de Oliveira: Composer.
- Yevgeniy Majorov: USSR -- Ice hockey (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Manuel Antonio: Noriega; Panamanian General/dictator (1983-1990).
- Bobby ''Boris'' Pickett: American singer and songwriter (d. 2007).
- Simone de Oliveira: Portuguese actress and singer
- Bobby Pickett: American singer-songwriter (d. 2007)
- Steve Casey beats Lou Thesz in Boston, to become wrestling champion.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?