Thursday 4 February 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Collin Wilcox in Highlands and Magnar Solberg.
The Good Earth, directed by Sidney Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cook's Night Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1937!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1937 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Collin Wilcox in Highlands: North Carolina, USA; actor (To Kill a Mocking Bird).
- Magnar Solberg: Norway -- 20K biathalete (1968, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jean-Pierre Bastid: French writer, director and screenwriter.
- John Devitt: Australia -- 100m freestyle swimmer (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- David Newman: American director and screenwriter (d. 2003).
- Jim Margie, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, bowls 900 in three (unsanctioned) games.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?