Tuesday 11 February 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Burt Reynolds and Burt Reynolds in Waycross.
The Prisoner of Shark Island, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Sparkenbroke by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 February 1936 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Burt Reynolds: American actor, a virile leading man of films of the '60s and '70s.
- Burt Reynolds in Waycross: Georgia, USA; actor (Evening Shade, Striptease, Cannonball Run, Smokey and the Bandit, Dan August, Deliverance).
- Stanley Caine: English actor (d. 2013).
- Pumping begins to build Treasure Island in San Francisco Bay.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?