Thursday 22 July 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shawn Micheals and Patrick Labyorteaux.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Ship of Fools, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Flight Of The Falcon by Daphne Du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 July 1965 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Shawn Micheals
- Patrick Labyorteaux: American actor and screenwriter.
- Shawn Michaels [Mike Hickenbottom]: San Antonio, Texas -- Wrestler (WWF / AWA).
- Patrick Labyorteaux in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Andrew 'Andy' Garvey - Little House on the Prairie).
- Javier Calamaro: Argentine singer and musician, brother of singer Andrew Calamaro.
- Cinzia Corrado: Italian singer, who debuted at the Castrocaro Festival 1983, then released the song "E sorridi" in the summer of 1984.
- Shawn Michaels: Wrestler.
- Derrick Dalley: Canadian educator and politician.
- Richard Poore: New Zealand humanitarian.
- Doug Riesenberg: American football player and coach.
- Alondra Johnson: CFL linebacker (Calgary Stampeders).
- Edward Heath succeeds Alec Douglas-Hume as leader of British Conservative party
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Ian Whitcomb - You Turn Me On (Turn On Song)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?