Saturday 11 July 1942US date format: 7/11/1942, UK date format: 11/7/1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tomasz Stańko and Phil Gingrey.
Crossroads, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1942 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Tomasz Stańko
- Ronnie James Dio: Musician.
- Phil Gingrey: Politician.
- Patrice Hart: French architect, who collaborated with...
- Jean Jourden: France sport Champion.
- Simon de la Bella: Dutch President (NVV), dies in Dachau.