Friday 11 July 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Corentin Martins and Kellita Smith.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Easy Rider, directed by Dennis Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Frost Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1969!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1969 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Corentin Martins: French footballer who played as an attacking midfielder.
- Kellita Smith: TV Actress.
- David Tao: Taiwanese singer-songwriter.
- Rolling Stones release Honky Tonk Woman
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 July 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Three Dog Night - One
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- The Beatles - The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- The Winstons - Color Him Father
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?