Thursday July 10, 1969
US date format: 7/10/1969, UK date format: 10/7/1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see zodiac on July 10, 1969). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gale Harold and Jonas Kaufmann.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman was in the top 5 hits.
Castle Keep, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while Except For Me And Thee by Jessamyn West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Liberace Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 10, 1969?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Chilean Association of Librarians created
- NL votes to split into 2 divisions
- Donald Crowhurst's trimaran ''Teignmouth Electron'' is found drifting and unoccupied. It is assumed that Crowhurst might have committed suicide.
- Football War: After Honduras loses a soccer game against El Salvador, rioting breaks out in Honduras against Salvadoran migrant workers. Of the 300,000 Salvadoran workers in Honduras, tens of thousands are expelled, prompting a brief Salvadoran invasion of Honduras. The OAS works out a cease-fire on July 18, which takes effect on July 20.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 10, 1969?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on July 10, 1969?
On July 10, 1969 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is July 10, 1969?
On July 10, 1969 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on July 10, 1969?
On July 10, 1969 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on July 10, 1969?
On July 10, 1969 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour).
Who was the Pope on July 10, 1969?
On July 10, 1969 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on July 10, 1969?
On July 10, 1969 several famous people were born including, Gale Harold, Jonas Kaufmann, Vivica Genaux.
What was the number one song in July 10, 1969?
The number one song in the week of July 10, 1969 was In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans in US and Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman in UK.
What were the top hits on July 10, 1969?
The top hits on July 10, 1969 were In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans, Spinning Wheel by Blood, Sweat & Tears, Good Morning Starshine by Oliver in US and Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman, In The Ghetto by Elvis Presley, Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones in UK.