Thursday 10 July 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gale Harold and Jonas Kaufmann.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Easy Rider, directed by Dennis Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while Ada by Vladimir Nabokov was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Frost Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1969!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 July 1969 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Gale Harold: American actor.
- Jonas Kaufmann: German operatic tenor.
- Vivica Genaux
- Bubba Ganter: TV Actor.
- Alexandra Hedison: American actress.
- Jamie Glover: English actor.
- Marty Cordova: Las Vegas, Nevada -- Outfielder (Minn Twins).
- Vicky Morales: FIlipina broadcast journalist.
- Chilean Association of Librarians created
- NL votes to split into 2 divisions
- Donald Crowhurst's trimaran ''Teignmouth Electron'' is found drifting and unoccupied. It is assumed that Crowhurst might have committed suicide.
- Football War: After Honduras loses a soccer game against El Salvador, rioting breaks out in Honduras against Salvadoran migrant workers. Of the 300,000 Salvadoran workers in Honduras, tens of thousands are expelled, prompting a brief Salvadoran invasion of Honduras. The OAS works out a cease-fire on July 18, which takes effect on July 20.
- Act of Free Choice commenced in Merauke, West Irian.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Three Dog Night - One
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- The Beatles - The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- The Winstons - Color Him Father
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?