Monday 11 August 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Pashko and Eddie Garcia.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Take the Money and Run, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der gemütliche Samstagabend.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1969 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Dave Pashko: Toronto, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1992 CPGA Winter Tour).
- Eddie Garcia: Louisiana, United States -- Actor / musician (Guys Next Door-I Was Made For You).
- Wilfried Elzinga: Soccer player (FC Twente).
- Mario Crescenzo: Italian singer, a member of Neri per Caso ("Blacks by chance"), an Italian a cappella musical group formed in Salerno in 1991 and consisted of six singers, two couples of brothers (Diego and Ciro Caravano, Mimì and Gonzalo Caravano) who are also cousins to each other, and two childhood best friends (Crescenzo and Massimo De Divitiis).
- Ashley Jensen: British actress.
- Toomas Kivisild: Estonian geneticist and academic
- Don Drysdale retires because of damage to his right shoulder
- Pitts Steelers beat the New York Giants 17-13 in Montreal (NFL expo)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Kenny Rogers - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Andy Kim - Baby, I Love You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?