Saturday 19 July 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Goldsmith and Alain Penaud.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman was in the top 5 hits.
Spirits of the Dead, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Frost Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1969!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1969 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- David Goldsmith: New Brunswick, New Jersey -- Actor (Eric-Models Inc).
- Alain Penaud: French rugby player, a fly half (half back), newly selected by Bernard Laporte for France’s team.
- Chris Kratt: TV Producer.
- Matthew Libatique: American cinematographer.
- Pavel I Apostolov: Russian military bandmaster.
- Apollo 11 goes into Moon orbit
- Mary Jo Kopechne dies at age 28, in Senator Ted Kennedy's car.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 July 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Three Dog Night - One
- The Winstons - Color Him Father
- The Beatles - The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?