Friday 11 April 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mariangeli Collado .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to In Da Club by 50 Cent.
In UK Beautiful by Christina Aguilera was in the top 5 hits.
Holes, directed by Andrew Davis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Crisis Of Islam by Bernard Lewis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blitzkrieg or Big Biz Tycoon 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 April 2003 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- The northern Iraqi city of Mosul falls to coalition forces as the Iraqi army's fifth Corps offers a letter of surrender. The only remaining major city left to fall is Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit, where some expect the remaining regime loyalists to make their final stand.
- Europe's largest civil engineering project, and the world's largest single metro expansion project, is officially opened in Madrid. ''MetroSur'', a 40-kilometre loop of the Madrid Metro in the southern suburbs of the city, took under three years to complete.
- Cuba executes three men charged with terrorism for hijacking a passenger ferry on April 2. Another four men receive life sentences.
- In response to Baseball Hall of Fame president Dale Petroskey's April 8 decision to cancel a 15th anniversary celebration of ampquot''Bull Durham'', sportswriter Roger Kahn cancels a planned appearance at the baseball museum.
- Tom Hurndall, a British photojournalist is shot in the head by an Israeli sniper in Rafah, Gaza strip.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 April 2003
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Club Brugge - Westerlo : 3 - 0
- Germinal - Genk : 2 - 1
- St Truiden - Louvieroise : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Braunschweig : 1 - 3
- Burghausen - Mannheim : 2 - 0
- Karlsruhe - Mainz : 0 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Nancy - Istres : 0 - 2
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Bordeaux - Lyon : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?