Sunday November 11, 1990, Veteran's Day
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georginio Wijnaldum and Vanessa Ferrari.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Love Takes Time by Mariah Carey.
In UK Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Europa Europa, directed by Agnieszka Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Memories of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coasting.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dynowarz: Destruction of Spondylus or Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers: The Adventures in Nimnul's Castle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1990!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1990 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
Famous Birthdays:11 November
- Shadowlands opens at Brooks Atkinson Theater NYC for 169 performances
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 November 1990
- Atlanta Falcons - Chicago Bears : 24 - 30
- Denver Broncos - San Diego Chargers : 7 - 19
- Green Bay Packers - Los Angeles Raiders : 29 - 16
- Indianapolis Colts - New England Patriots : 13 - 10
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mariah Carey - Love Takes Time
- Bell Biv DeVoe - B.B.D. (I Thought It Was Me)?
- Caron Wheeler - Livin' In The Light
- M.C. Hammer - Pray
- Al B. Sure! - Missunderstanding
- Gerald Alston - Slow Motion
- Keith Sweat - Merry Go Round
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
- Samuelle - So You Like What You See
- Candyman - Knockin' Boots
Top #10 Latin songs
- Completamente Enamorados - Chayanne
- Entregate - Luis Miguel
- Abrazame Fuerte - Lourdes Robles
- Peligroso Amor - Myriam Hernandez
- Dimelo - Daniela Romo
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Porque Tu Eres La Reina - Rudy La Scala
- Corazon Duro - Bronco: El Gigante De America
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- Renacer - Gloria Estefan
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?