Thursday 12 August 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Walker and Michael Ian Black.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Capone by John Kobler was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1971 ?
- Jim Walker: Sydney, NSW -- Canoeist (1996 Olympics).
- Michael Ian Black: American comedian.
- Yvette Nicole Brown: American actress.
- Pete Sampras: American tennis player: ATP Tour.
- Yvette Brown: TV Actress.
- Michael Black: American comedian actor director producer and screenwriter
- Rebecca Gayheart: American actress
- Syriam President Assad drops diplomatic relations with Jordan
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Chicago - Beginnings
- What The World Needs Now Is Love/Abraham Martin And John (Medley) - Tom Clay
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?