Sunday 22 August 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Carter and Benoit Violier.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hei-Wi-Tip-Top.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1971 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Bernard Carter: NFL / WLAF linebacker (Jaguars, Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Benoit Violier: French-Swiss chef who had owned the three Michelin star Restaurant de l'Hôtel de Ville in a suburb of Lausanne, Switzerland from 2012 to his death.
- Richard Armitage: English actor.
- Natalie Ceeney: English businesswoman.
- Craig Finn: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Hold Steady and Lifter Puller).
- Rick Yune: American actor and martial artist
- Bolivian military coup under col Hugo Banzer, President Torres driven out
- Pam Barnett wins LPGA Southgate Golf Open
- J. Edgar Hoover and John Mitchell announce the arrest of 20 of the Camden 28.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker
- Chicago - Beginnings
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Three Dog Night - Liar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?