Friday 20 August 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Walliams and Bernard Whittington.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Female Eunuch by Germaine Greer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hei-Wi-Tip-Top.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 August 1971 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- David Walliams: English stand up comedian, actor, author, television presenter and activist, best known for his partnership with Matt Lucas on the BBC One sketch shows Little Britain, Rock Profile and Come Fly with Me.
- Bernard Whittington: Defensive end (Indianapolis Colts).
- Brett Bech: Wide receiver (New Orleans Saints).
- Ke Huy Quan: Saigon, Vietnam -- Actor (Sam-Together We Stand).
- Kevin Hickman: NFL tight end (Detroit Lions).
- Oronde Gadsden: NFL wide receiver (Dallas Cowboys).
- Jonathan Ke Quan: Vietnamese/American actor.
- Nenad Bjelica: Croatian footballer and manager.
- Matt Calland: English rugby player and coach.
- Jonathan Quan: Vietnamese-American actor.
- Steve Stone: English footballer and coach.
- Rashid Minhas: Pilot officer in Pakistan Air Force during Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 (d. 1971).
- FBI begins covert investigation of journalist Daniel Schorr.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker
- Chicago - Beginnings
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Three Dog Night - Liar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?