Tuesday 31 August 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Jefferson and Mike Caldwell.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey by Paul & Linda McCartney.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whistle Test.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1971 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Greg Jefferson: NFL defensive end (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Mike Caldwell: NFL linebacker (Cleveland Browns, Arizona Cardinals).
- Padraig Harrington: Irish golfer.
- Chris Tucker: Movie Actor.
- Pádraig Harrington: Irish golfer.
- Adrienne Beames runs female world record marathon (2:46:30)
- Dave Scott becomes 1st person to drive a car on Moon
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Three Dog Night - Liar
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?