Friday 27 August 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rob Harris and Felix da Housecat.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Drifters by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whistle Test.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 August 1971 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Rob Harris: Sky surfer, dies while skydiving at 28.
- Felix da Housecat
- Julian Cheung: Hong Kong actor and singer.
- Ernest Faber: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Kyung Lah: South Korean-American journalist.
- Hisayuki Okawa: Japanese runner.
- Aygül Özkan: German lawyer and politician.
- Jim Flanigan: NFL defensive tackle (Chicago Bears).
- Aygul Ozkan: German politician.
- An attempted coup fails in the African nation of Chad. The Government of Chad accuses Egypt of playing a role in the attempt and breaks off diplomatic relations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker
- Three Dog Night - Liar
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?