Thursday 12 August 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Iza Calzado and Boban Grnčarov.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Filthy Rich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Attack at EP-CYG-4 or Space Strike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1982 ?
- Iza Calzado: Filipino TV actress.
- Boban Grnčarov: Macedonian footballer.
- Alexandros Tzorvas: Greek footballer.
- Helvi Lemmikke Leiviska: Composer, dies at 80.
- Varlam Shalamov: Russian writer (Born 1907).
- Salvador Sanchez: Mexican boxer (Born 1959).
- Henry Fonda: American actor, a top star of stage and screen for many years.
- Joe Tex: American musician and singer-songwriter who gained success in the 1960s and 1970s with his brand of Southern soul, which mixed the styles of country, gospel and rhythm and blues.
- Heavy Israeli bombardement of Beirut
- Mexico announces it is unable to pay its enormous external debt, marking the beginning of a debt crisis that spreads to all of Latin America and the Third World.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 August 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- Toto - Rosanna
- Go-Go's - Vacation
- Crosby, Stills & Nash - Wasted On The Way
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?