Monday 30 August 1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kip Kinkel and Wouter Janssen.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Abracadabra by The Steve Miller Band.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Storybook by William Kotzwinkle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Filthy Rich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Azurian Attack or Bolo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1982 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Kip Kinkel: American multiple homicide.
- Wouter Janssen: Music Producer.
- Andy Roddick: American tennis player.
- Will Davison: Australian race car driver.
- Leo[nhard] Pappenheim: Conductor, dies at 86.
- PLO leader Yasser Arafat leaves Beirut
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- Melissa Manchester - You Should Hear How She Talks About You
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Go-Go's - Vacation
- Crosby, Stills & Nash - Wasted On The Way
- Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?