Sunday August 15, 1982US date format: 8/15/1982, UK date format: 15/8/1982
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heather Carolin and Cori Yarckin.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Man From St. Petersburg by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Born to the Wind.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Executive Suite or Rear Guard.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1982
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1982 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Heather Carolin: American model and actress.
- Cori Yarckin: American actress and singer.
- Casey Burgener: American weightlifter.
- David Call: Actor.
- Tsuyoshi Hayashi: Japanese actor.
- Patrick J G McGee: Irish actor (Barry Lyndon), dies at 60.
- Beth Daniel wins LPGA WUI Golf Classic
- Equatorial Guinea adopts constitution
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- Toto - Rosanna
- Go-Go's - Vacation
- Wasted On The Way - Crosby, Stills & Nash
Top #10 R&B songs
- And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going - Dreamgirls Featuring Jennifer Holliday
- Zapp - Dance Floor (Part I)
- Jeffrey Osborne - I Really Don't Need No Light
- Planet Rock - Paul Oakenfold Presents Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force
- Donna Summer - Love Is In Control (Finger On The Trigger)
- Aretha Franklin - Jump To It
- Ray Parker Jr. - Let Me Go
- Stevie Wonder - Do I Do
- Howard Johnson - So Fine
- Cameo - Flirt
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?