Friday August 13, 1982US date format: 8/13/1982, UK date format: 13/8/1982
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 13, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sebastian Stan and Gil Ofarim.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while A Few Minutes With Andy Rooney by Andrew A. Rooney was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Born to the Wind.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em or Donkey Kong Jr..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1982
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1982 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Sebastian Stan: Movie Actor.
- Gil Ofarim: German singer-songwriter guitarist and...
- Shani Davis: American speed skater.
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- Gary McSheffrey: English footballer.
- Christopher Raeburn: Christopher Raeburn English fashion...
- Kalenna Harper: American singer-songwriter (Dirty...
- In Hong Kong, health warnings on cigarette packets are made statutory.Clarence Tsui, ''South China Morning Post'', 12/12/99, webpage: ITobacco330.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- Toto - Rosanna
- Go-Go's - Vacation
- Wasted On The Way - Crosby, Stills & Nash
Top #10 R&B songs
- And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going - Dreamgirls Featuring Jennifer Holliday
- Zapp - Dance Floor (Part I)
- Jeffrey Osborne - I Really Don't Need No Light
- Planet Rock - Paul Oakenfold Presents Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force
- Donna Summer - Love Is In Control (Finger On The Trigger)
- Aretha Franklin - Jump To It
- Ray Parker Jr. - Let Me Go
- Stevie Wonder - Do I Do
- Howard Johnson - So Fine
- Cameo - Flirt
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?