Monday 12 January 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nigel Wilson and Jenny Griffith in Burbank.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Gang That Couldn'T Shoot Straight by Jimmy Breslin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kolumbowie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1970!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1970 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Nigel Wilson: Canadian / US baseball outfielder (Florida Marlins).
- Jenny Griffith in Burbank: California, USA; WPVA volleyball player (National-13th-1995).
- Zack de la Rocha: American musician (Rage Against the Machine).
- Raekwon : American rapper.
- Mig Ayesa: Filipino-Australian singer-songwriter and actor.
- Blanche Stuart Scott: American pilot, dies at age 84.
- Boeing 747 makes its maiden voyage.
- Biafran War ends, Biafra surrenders to Nigeria.
- Biafra capitulates, ending the Nigerian civil war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Elvis Presley - Don't Cry Daddy
- Tommy Roe - Jam Up Jelly Tight
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Ferrante and Teicher - Midnight Cowboy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?