Monday 12 January 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Bronson, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching There Will Be Brawl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Poker or Bad Rats: The Rats' Revenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 12 January 2009 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 January
- Flooding caused by Tropical Depression 04F kills eight people and displaces more than 6,000 in Fiji. (AP)
- Urban warfare begins between Israeli Defense Forces and Hamas militants as the former push further into Gaza City. (Sky News)
- The Indonesian ferry MV ''Teratai Prima'' capsizes and sinks off Sulawesi, Indonesia, killing more than 230 people. (MSNBC)
- Iraqi Security Forces announce that they have captured Tha'ir Kadhim Sraiwi, the alleged leader of Salafi terrorist group Jamaat Ansar al-Sunna. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?