Thursday 12 June 1980
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carrie Davis and Brendan Hogan.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
The Blues Brothers, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while No Love Lost by Helen Van Slyke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vakáción a Mézga-család.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pac-Man or Fishing Derby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1980 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Carrie Davis: American Author.
- Brendan Hogan: American radio host.
- Marco Bortolami: Italian rugby union player.
- Jason Dent: American mixed martial artist.
- Larry Foote: American football player.
- Ifet Taljević: German footballer
- Reagan said he would submit to periodic medical tests
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?