Monday 12 October 1987
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 12, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniil Simkin and Marvin Ogunjimi.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Lost In Emotion by Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam.
In UK You Win Again by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Fatal Beauty, directed by Tom Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Leaving Home by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anime san jushi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air Fortress or Basketball Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1987!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1987 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
Famous Birthdays:12 October
- 21st Country Music Association Award: Hank William Jr wins
- George Harrison releases Got My Mind Set On You
- Oscar Arias (Costa Rican President) wins Nobel Peace Prize
- Minnesota Twins beat Detroit Tigers for American League pennant.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Michael Jackson - Bad
- Glenn Jones - We've Only Just Begun (The Romance Is Not Over)
- Stephanie Mills - (You're Puttin') A Rush On Me
- Jody Watley - Don't You Want Me
- Ray Parker Jr. - I Don't Think That Man Should Sleep Alone
- The O'Jays - Lovin' You
- Madame X - Just That Type Of Girl
- Surface - Lately
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- 4 By Four - Come Over
Top #9 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
- You Win Again - The Bee Gees
- Pump Up The Volume / Anitina (The First Time I See She Dance) - MARRS
- Abigail Mead & Nigel Goulding - Full Metal Jacket (I Wanna Be Your Drill Instructor)
- Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme
- Michael Jackson - Bad
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?