Monday 13 June 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 13, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Albatross, directed by Niall MacCormick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Division.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cities XL 2012 or American cover art.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 13 June 2011 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 June
- 2011 Jordanian protests: The motorcade of King Abdullah II of Jordan is attacked by bottles and stones thrown by protesters in Tafilah. (''The Guardian'')
- 2011 Bahraini uprising: Bahrain's rulers commence the trials of 48 medical professionals, including some of the country's top surgeons, a move seen as the hounding of those who treated injured protesters during the popular uprising which was crushed by the military intervention of Saudi Arabia. (Al Jazeera)
- Tunisian revolution: It is announced that the trial of Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, ousted from power during the popular revolution, is to begin on 20 June. (BBC)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- The Syrian regime claims to have retaken Jisr al-Shughour, while residents who fled speak of fighting, divisions and defections among government troops as police and workers arm themselves to defend the town against the army. (''The Guardian'')
- Russia and China boycott a meeting of the United Nations Security Council where a resolution condemning the Syrian government is being debated. (AFP via Google News)
- Egyptian officials report the arrest of the 27-year-old Israeli-American Ilan Grapel on suspicion of espionage for Israel. Israeli officials have rejected the Egyptian accusations. (BBC)
- 2011 Spanish protests: The Anonymous group is reported to have successfully knocked the website of the Spanish national police force offline. (''The Guardian'')
- 2011 Zengcheng riot: Police in Xintang Town, Zengcheng, Guangzhou area, Guangdong, fire tear gas and use armoured vehicles on workers, including Sichuan migrant workers protesting what they consider the abuse of a pregnant Sichuanese colleague by security guards, after protesters flipped over and burned police vehicles. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- 2011 Libyan civil war: The German foreign minister Guido Westerwelle, speaking in Benghazi, announces that his government officially recognises the country's rebels as ampquotthe legitimate representatives of the Libyan peopleampquot. (Deutsche Welle)
- 2011 Yemeni protests: The opposition and Vice President Abd al-Rab Mansur al-Hadi meet for talks to end the crisis. (CNN)
- North and South Sudan agree to demilitarise the disputed Abyei region. (AP via Google News)
- Eruption of the Nabro Volcano:
- The long-dormant Nabro Volcano erupts in Eritrea. (IOL)
- United States Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton flees the volcano, cutting short her visit to the region. (BBC)
- Tens of thousands of people in Christchurch, New Zealand, are left without power as the city is hit by powerful aftershocks of the 2011 Christchurch earthquake. (ABC Online)
- The US National Weather Service issues a flash flood warning after the Missouri River breaches a levee near Hamburg, Iowa. (AP via ''The Republic'')
- Flights in the Southern hemisphere from Australia to Argentina are disrupted by the Puyehue volcanic eruption. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- An earthquake of between 6.2 and 6.9 occurs near Indonesia, southeast of Tahuna island and six miles (10 kilometers) beneath the sea. (''Time Magazine'')
- Vietnam holds a live fire drill in the South China Sea amid a dispute with China. (''Jakarta Post'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Hustle Hard - Ace Hood
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Prometi - Intocable
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Adolescents - Incubus
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.30
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $99.70
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $82.92
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $35.13
- 1 CHF = 7.7441 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6436 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8575 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.881 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?