Saturday 13 March 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas.
She's Out of My League, directed by Jim Field Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Big Girl by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Radio Radio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlefield Online or CSI: Unsolved.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 13 March 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 March
- He Pingping: .
- The shortest living person, He Pingping, dies in Rome due to unknown complications at the age of 21. (BBC)
- Catholic sex abuse cases:
- Archbishop of Armagh and Primacy of Ireland Cardinal Seán Brady admits for the first time that he represented the Church when two teenagers abused by Father Brendan Smyth were forced to sign an oath of silence. (RTÉ)
- Pope Benedict XVI's former archdiocese of Munich-Freising (1977ndash1982) reveals he transferred a suspected paedophile priest to a job that allowed him to continue abusing children. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu launches an inquiry into how plans for hundreds of new homes in East Jerusalem were announced. (Al Jazeera)
- Eli Ohren turned 17
- The Georgian television station Imedi sparks panic throughout Georgia by broadcasting a fake news item about a supposed invasion of Russian troops and the murder of President Mikheil Saakashvili. (RIA Novosti)
- New Zealander Peter Bethune, a member of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society who captained the ''Ady Gil'' when it crashed with the MV ''Shonan Maru 2'' and sank, encounters coastguards, police and protesters as he arrives on the Japanese mainland. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Fighting in Somalia's capital Mogadishu has killed 60 people since March 10. (Reuters)
- A remotely operated bomb killed 6 people traveling in southern Afghanistan in Tirin Kot, the capital of Afghanistan's Uruzgan province. (AP)
- At least 6 people, including three security personnel, die and more than 16 others are wounded after a suicide bomber tries to enter a government building, is stopped by police and detonates himself in Swat, Pakistan. (''Reuters'')
- Association Mutual Aid and Solidarity AF447 seeks equal compensation for Air France Flight 447's French famiiles after Brazilian judge Mauro Nicolau Junior awards NZ$1.6 million for dead state prosecutor Marcelle Valpacos Fonseca French insurer Axa will appeal. (''Reuters'')
- Peruvian President Alan García orders funding for a tsunami-warning system. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- Taoiseach Brian Cowen begins his state visit to the United States in Chicago, announcing to the world his scheme that will allow senior citizen tourists aged 66 and above to travel free on Iarnród Éireann in the Republic of Ireland. (''The Times of India'')
- Michael Schumacher makes his return to Formula One at the age of 41. (''Miami Herald'')
- Australia beat Germany 2-1 to win the 2010 Men's Hockey World Cup for field hockey in New Delhi. (''Indian Express'')
- 450,000 are left without power in the Northeastern United States as high winds topple power lines and trees. A crane collapses at the Revel Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey, injuring one. (''Press of Atlantic City'')
- U.S. President Barack Obama proposes sweeping changes to education law which would rework the No Child Left Behind program. (''New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 March 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Napoli - Fiorentina : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Freiburg : 2 - 1
- Bochum - Dortmund : 1 - 4
- Hannover - Ein Frankfurt : 2 - 1
- Hertha - Nurnberg : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Frankfurt FSV - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 2 - 0
- Karlsruhe - Augsburg : 1 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Getafe - Mallorca : 3 - 0
- Sevilla - La Coruna : 1 - 1
- Sp Gijon - Ath Bilbao : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?