Saturday 13 March 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 13, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas.
Hot Tub Time Machine, directed by Steve Pink, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood or Attack of the Movies 3D.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 March 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 13 March 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 March
- The shortest living person, He Pingping, dies in Rome due to unknown complications at the age of 21. (BBC)
- Catholic sex abuse cases:
- Archbishop of Armagh and Primacy of Ireland Cardinal Seán Brady admits for the first time that he represented the Church when two teenagers abused by Father Brendan Smyth were forced to sign an oath of silence. (RTÉ)
- Pope Benedict XVI's former archdiocese of Munich-Freising (1977ndash1982) reveals he transferred a suspected paedophile priest to a job that allowed him to continue abusing children. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu launches an inquiry into how plans for hundreds of new homes in East Jerusalem were announced. (Al Jazeera)
- Eli Ohren turned 17
- The Georgian television station Imedi sparks panic throughout Georgia by broadcasting a fake news item about a supposed invasion of Russian troops and the murder of President Mikheil Saakashvili. (RIA Novosti)
- New Zealander Peter Bethune, a member of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society who captained the ''Ady Gil'' when it crashed with the MV ''Shonan Maru 2'' and sank, encounters coastguards, police and protesters as he arrives on the Japanese mainland. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Fighting in Somalia's capital Mogadishu has killed 60 people since March 10. (Reuters)
- A remotely operated bomb killed 6 people traveling in southern Afghanistan in Tirin Kot, the capital of Afghanistan's Uruzgan province. (AP)
- At least 6 people, including three security personnel, die and more than 16 others are wounded after a suicide bomber tries to enter a government building, is stopped by police and detonates himself in Swat, Pakistan. (''Reuters'')
- Association Mutual Aid and Solidarity AF447 seeks equal compensation for Air France Flight 447's French famiiles after Brazilian judge Mauro Nicolau Junior awards NZ$1.6 million for dead state prosecutor Marcelle Valpacos Fonseca French insurer Axa will appeal. (''Reuters'')
- Peruvian President Alan García orders funding for a tsunami-warning system. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- Taoiseach Brian Cowen begins his state visit to the United States in Chicago, announcing to the world his scheme that will allow senior citizen tourists aged 66 and above to travel free on Iarnród Éireann in the Republic of Ireland. (''The Times of India'')
- Michael Schumacher makes his return to Formula One at the age of 41. (''Miami Herald'')
- Australia beat Germany 2-1 to win the 2010 Men's Hockey World Cup for field hockey in New Delhi. (''Indian Express'')
- 450,000 are left without power in the Northeastern United States as high winds topple power lines and trees. A crane collapses at the Revel Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey, injuring one. (''Press of Atlantic City'')
- U.S. President Barack Obama proposes sweeping changes to education law which would rework the No Child Left Behind program. (''New York Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 March 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Napoli - Fiorentina : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Freiburg : 2 - 1
- Bochum - Dortmund : 1 - 4
- Hannover - Ein Frankfurt : 2 - 1
- Hertha - Nurnberg : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Frankfurt FSV - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 2 - 0
- Karlsruhe - Augsburg : 1 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Getafe - Mallorca : 3 - 0
- Sevilla - La Coruna : 1 - 1
- Sp Gijon - Ath Bilbao : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- Say Something - Timbaland Featuring Drake
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
- Ludacris - How Low
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Everything To Me - Monica
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Mientes - Camila
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- Me Enamore De Ti ... - Chayanne
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- Did It Again (Lo Hecho Esta Hecho) - Shakira
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
Top #10 Rock songs
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Muse - Uprising
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Savior - Rise Against
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Phoenix - 1901
- Snuff - Slipknot
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Advice for making an informed decision about supporting an ailing parent without bankrupting the family. [..]
The 10-year plan would reimagine the nation’s media and technology priorities by establishing high-speed Internet as the country’s dominant communication network. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?