Sunday 13 May 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Selina Scott and Rosie Boycott.
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching AMC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1951!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1951 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Selina Scott: English newsreader, journalist, television producer and presenter.
- Rosie Boycott: English journalist and author.
- Sharon Belton: American politician 45th Mayor of Minneapolis.
- Anand Modak: Indian composer and director (d. 2014).
- Herman Philipse: Dutch philosopher and academic.
- Paul Thompson: English drummer (Roxy Music Concrete Blonde and Angelic Upstarts)
- James Whale: English radio and television host
- Marianne [Goudeket-]Philips: Author (Issue Beukennoot), dies at 65.
- The 400th anniversary of the founding of the National University of San Marcos is commemorated by the opening of the first large-capacity stadium in Peru.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 May 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - Rose, Rose, I Love You
- Old Soldiers Never Die - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- On Top of Old Smoky - Percy Faith & His Orchestra (Vocal Burl Ives)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?