Friday 18 May 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 18, 1951). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Feringa and Rodger Davis in Sydney.
The Frogmen, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Left Hand Of God by William E. Barrett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Circuit Rider.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 May 1951
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1951!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1951 ?
- Ben Feringa
- Rodger Davis in Sydney: New South Wales; Australasia golfer.
- James Stephens in Mount Kisko: New York, USA; actor (Paper Chase, Devil's Island).
- Antonello Cuzzaniti: Italian noted family, the natural son of the painter Renato Guttuso.
- Denny Dillon: Comedian (SNL, Dream On).
- Veltto Virtanen: Finnish rock musician and politician, a presidential candidate in 1994.
- Jim Sundberg: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Angela Voigt: in the German Democratic Republic; long jumper (Olympics-gold-1976).
- Toni Garrani: Italian actor, voice actor, radio host and television presenter.
- UN moves HQ to New York City
- US General Collins predicts use of atom bomb in Korea.
- United Nations moves headquarters to New York City.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - Mister and Mississippi
- Rose, Rose, I Love You - Buddy Morrow & His Orchestra
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?