Thursday 3 May 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Lellouche and Christopher Cross.
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Out Of This World by Lowell Thomas Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching AMC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 May 1951 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Pierre Lellouche
- Christopher Cross: American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Christopher Cross [Geppert] in San Antonio: Texas, USA; singer ("Sailing", "Arthur's Theme").
- Alan Clayson: English singer-songwriter and journalist.
- Ashok Gehlot: Indian politician 21st Chief Minister of Rajasthan.
- Tatyana Tolstaya: Russian author and publicist.
- Gil McDougald ties major league record with 6 RBIs in 1 inning
- New York Yankees' player Gil McDougald is 5th to get six RBIs in an inning (9th).
- London's Royal Festival Hall opens with the Festival of Britain
- The Kentucky Derby is televised for the first time.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?