Wednesday 16 May 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claudio Baglioni and Christian Lacroix.
while The Riddle Of Macarthur by John Gunther was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching AMC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1951!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1951 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Claudio Baglioni: Italian singer and musician.
- Christian Lacroix: French couturier and fashion designer who was noted for using the old styles to create a "regeneration" effect on fashion.
- Jonathan Richman: American singer/songwriter/musician and founder of the band "Modern Lovers.
- Emmanuel Todd: French historian and anthropologist, son of writer and journalist Olivier Todd, he released an essay "Qui est Charlie?" after the terrorist attack (2015).
- Unshō Ishizuka: Japanese voice actor.
- Janet Soskice: Canadian philosopher and theologian
- The first regularly scheduled transatlantic flights begin between Idlewild Airport (now John F Kennedy International Airport) in New York City and Heathrow Airport in London, operated by El Al Israel Airlines.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - Rose, Rose, I Love You
- Old Soldiers Never Die - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- On Top of Old Smoky - Percy Faith & His Orchestra (Vocal Burl Ives)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?