Monday 14 May 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Seasan Hubley [Susan] and Season (Susan) Hubley in New York City.
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching AMC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1951!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1951 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Seasan Hubley [Susan]: NYC, New York -- Actress (Vice Squad, Hardcore).
- Season (Susan) Hubley in New York City: New York, USA; actress (PrettyKill, Vice Squad, Hardcore).
- Thierry Gaubert: French communications specialist in the Budget Ministry in the 1990s.
- Jay Beckenstein: saxophonist (Spyro Gyra - "Morning Dance").
- Robert Zemeckis: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Flahooley opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 40 performances
- Ernie Kovacs Show, TV Variety debut on NBC
- Trains run on the Talyllyn Railway in Wales for the first time since preservation, making it the first railway in the world to be operated by volunteers.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 May 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - Rose, Rose, I Love You
- Old Soldiers Never Die - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- On Top of Old Smoky - Percy Faith & His Orchestra (Vocal Burl Ives)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?