Sunday 6 May 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Lori and Samuel Doe.
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching AMC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1951 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- William Lori: American ecclesiastic, he was ordained a Roman Catholic priest in May 1977.
- Samuel Doe: Liberian sergeant and politician 21st President of Liberia (d. 1990).
- Antonio Saldías: Chilean historian and author.
- Elie Cartan: French mathematician (Born 1869).
- Pittsburgh Pirates' player Cliff Chambers no-hits Boston Braves, 3-0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?