Wednesday 14 February 1973, Valentine's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Deena Kastor and Tyus Edney.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crocodile Rock by Elton John.
In UK Blockbuster by The Sweet was in the top 5 hits.
The Pig Keeper's Daughter, directed by Bethel Buckalew, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Best And The Brightest by David Halberstam was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Little Princess.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing TREK73 or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 February 1973 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Deena Kastor
- Tyus Edney: American basketball player: guard, Celtics.
- Christophe Vermandel
- Corinne Boulangier
- Yuka Sato: Japanese figure skater and sportscaster.
- Ariel Vromen
- George Hegamin: NFL / WLAF tail back (Dallas Cowboys, Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Michael "Mike" Theodore Lambert IV in Thomaston: Georgia, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Tyus Edney NBA guard (Boston Celtics: Sacramento Kings).
- Michael Sucsy: American screenwriter, director and producer, he worked in all three capacities for the 2009 film "Grey Gardens.
- Steve McNair: American football player (Born 1973).
- The last American is conscripted into the armed forces.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Steely Dan - Do It Again
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Lobo - Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?