Saturday 24 February 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jordan Jovtchev and Kavis Reed.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Blockbuster by The Sweet was in the top 5 hits.
Fists of Fury, directed by Wei Lo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Upper Crusts.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1973!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1973 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Jordan Jovtchev: Bulgarian gymnast.
- Kavis Reed: Canadian Football League defensive back (Edmonton Eskimos).
- James Michael Kennedy in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; rocker (For Fun-Unbelievable Fun Boys).
- Harold Morrow: full back (Minnesota Vikings).
- Alexei Kovalev in Moscow: Russia; NHL right wing (New York Rangers).
- Richard Clapp: Canadian baseball player
- Christina Papadaki: Greek tennis player
- Antony Dupuis: French tennis player, who won one singles title in Milan in 2004 and reached a career-high singles ranking of World No. 57 in September 2001.
- Chris Fehn: American percussionist (Slipknot)
- Stubby Clapp: Canadian baseball player and coach
- Alexei Kovalev: Russian ice hockey player and pilot
- Yordan Yovchev: Bulgarian gymnast
- Art Smith: Actor (Quicksand), dies of heart attack at 73.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 February 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Steely Dan - Do It Again
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Lobo - Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?