Tuesday 14 July 1987
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Storming of the Bastille (French Revolution) and Malika Ménard.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Alone by Heart.
In UK It's A Sin by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Jaws: The Revenge, directed by Joseph Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Cultural Literacy by E. D. Hirsch Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood the Golden Years: The RKO Story.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gee Bee Air Rally or Getsu Fūma Den.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1987!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 July 1987 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Malika Ménard
- Storming of the Bastille (French Revolution)
- Dan Reynolds (musician)
- Sara Canning: TV Actress.
- Elena Gant: Reality Star.
- Aqeel Ahmed: English director producer and screenwriter.
- Margus Hunt: Estonian-American football player discus thrower and shot putter.
- Sean Smith: American football player.
- Ryan Sweeting: Bahamian-American tennis player.
- Patrick Switzer: Canadian skateboarder.
- Shane McLoughlin: American noted family, the first son of Tom McLoughlin and his second wife, Nancy, born while his Dad was directing "Date With An Angel.
- Dan Reynolds: Rock Singer.
- Adam Johnson: English footballer.
- 58th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 2-0 in 13 at Oakland - Alameda Stadium
- All star MVP: Tim Raines (Montreal Expos)
- Lt Col Oliver North concludes 6 days of Congressional testimony
- Rookie of the Year Award is renamed to honor Jackie Robinson
- Taiwan ends 37 years of martial law.
- Steve Miller's star is unveiled on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.
- Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North concludes six days of US Congressional testimony.
- Greyhound Bus company buys Trailways Bus for US$80 million.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Heart - Alone
- Bob Seger - Shakedown
- Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- The System - Don't Disturb This Groove
- Expose - Point Of No Return
- Pseudo Echo - Funkytown
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Crowded House - Something So Strong
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1987?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?